Aviva and Now Healthcare has broadened its digital GP service to SME’s and individuals following its launch to corporate health insurance customers.
The service offers access to consultations with a GP around the clock along with access to pharmacy services. Prescriptions are received by customers through their app and they will also be able to order repeat NHS prescriptions, with the options of home delivery. The app allows customers to book video consultations with a GP, receive remote diagnoses and obtain advice on simpler medical queries directly from a GP via a live chat facility.
Mark Noble, MD, health and protection at Aviva said: “We believe in creating digital solutions that can make a real difference for our customers, empowering them to take greater control of their health. Being able to speak virtually to a doctor or pharmacist at any time of day and get medication delivered to the door can help make managing health so much easier. We’ve had some great feedback from our corporate customers who are already using the service and we are excited to be offering our Digital GP service to our SME and individual customers too”.
The companies will invite customers to register for the service after they purchase or renew their private medical insurance policy, offering access to the following features:
- Video consultations with an NHS registered GP for a medical diagnosis, e-prescription or advice – including advice on pre-existing conditions.
- Repeat NHS prescription ordered in-app at NHS rates.
- Medicines delivered directly to customers’ homes, offices or their local pharmacy.
- A choice of whether consultations are with a male or female GP, with the option of booking consultations with the same doctor each time they use the service.
- A choice of 12 languages.
- Access to GPs’ credentials (such as special areas of interest) to help choose a doctor to suit their needs.
- Access to a UK-wide pharmacy network offering a next-day private prescription delivery service (or 2-4 hours in central London).
- Chat function connecting the customer to NHS registered GPs or Now pharmacy to ask for advice
- Children under 16 can be added to the account for paediatric GP consultations
Lee Dentith, CEO and founder of Now Healthcare, said: “It’s fantastic that our innovative digital solution is allowing SMEs and individuals to help manage their healthcare needs. The UK national health service faces daily pressures, so by allowing more people to make informed choices about when and how they take GP consultations and obtain their medications is ground-breaking. We hope that our technology continues to enable better business productivity and customer convenience, ultimately saving time and money, for Aviva customers”.