The healthcare industry has traditionally been incredibly slow at adapting and keeping up with transformational trends. However, breakthroughs in affordable technology – both wearable and industrial – implementation approval, regulatory acceptance and patient involvement, all have the power and potential to significantly change the healthcare sector and the experiences it can offer its patients and consumers.
For the majority of healthcare stakeholders, an array of core barriers still pose a great threat to the completion of healthcare’s transformation. For all the great technological innovations born from this industry, relationships are still the key so will patients actually trust a system that moves from physician-driven care to digital-driven care that is accessible to all ages? Will a reimbursement system truly be attained? Will the industry ever be able to attract real long-term investment – especially given EU funding uncertainty post-Brexit – and will regulators ever get on top of cybersecurity threats?
For the third consecutive time in London, the FT Digital Health Summit brings a unique and diverse line-up of speakers together, to cut deep into the heart of these challenges and map the route to a digitally-driven healthcare ecosystem.
The patient-focused agenda will cover the core challenges that stakeholders face when aiming to offer healthcare that is both outcome and value based, as well as economically viable.
Digital Health Age subscribers are entitled to a 10% discount which can be activated by using the code DHA10 at registration.
- Junaid Bajwa –Executive Director for Healthcare Services –MSD
- Juliet Bauer –Director of Digital Experience –NHS England
- Beverley Bryant –Director of Digital Transformation – NHS Digital
- Chris Day – Director of Engagement – Care Quality Commission
- Mark Duman – Non-Executive Director – Patient Information Forum
- Rachel Dunscombe – Chief Information Officer – Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Adam Hanina – CEO – AiCure
- Robert Johnstone – Patient Advocate and Board Member –European Patients Forum
- Talya Miron-Shataz – CEO and Founder –CureMyWay
- Sameer Mistry – Medical Director – UK and Ireland – Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices
- Sukhbinder Noorpuri – Founder and CEO –i-GP
- Professor Andrew Price – Professor of Orthopedics –University of Oxford
The event is taking place London, 27 June 2017.
For full speaker list, agenda and registration details please visit the website live.ft.com/DigitalHealthEurope